Fruit Tree, Chestnut, and Currant Propagation
March 31, 2018 (9:00 AM - 1:00 PM )
Refuge Food Forest
701 East Lincoln
Normal, IL 61761 (McLean County)
***THIS PROGRAM IS FULL. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE ADDED TO THE WAITING LIST, E-MAIL firstname.lastname@example.org OR CALL Reid AT 309-663-8306.***
**This is an outdoor program. Dress appropriately to work out doors and handle appropriate equipment. Steel cut-proof gloves will be provided for participants. In the event of inclimate weather, the program will be held at 1615 Commerce Parkway, Bloomington, IL**
We will learn to:
- Graft apples, and Asian and European pears
- Propogate by root cuttings from red and black currants
- Plant and care for Chinese Chestnut seed from superior varieties that have been growing in the Midwest.
Each participant can take home:
- 4 fruit trees of their choice
- 4 currant cuttings
- 10 Chinese Chestnut seeds
Interested in learning, but no room for new grafts and cuttings? Extras, left-overs, and successful practice/demonstration plants will be planted at the West Bloomington Active Garden and the Refuge Food Forest!
$35/person covers all materials.
Max: 20 participants