University of Illinois Extension serving Christian, Jersey, Macoupin and Montgomery Counties
Main Office (Montgomery County)
#1 Industrial Park Dr.
Hillsboro, IL 62049
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 12 pm, 1 pm to 4:30 pm
Branch Office (Christian County)
1120 N Webster St.
Taylorville, IL 62568
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am to 11:30am, 12:30pm to 4.30pm
Branch Office (Jersey County)
201 W. Exchange St.
Jerseyville, IL 62052
Hours: Tuesday & Wednesday 8 am to 12 pm and 1 pm to 4:30 pm and Thursday 8 am to 12 pm
Branch Office (Macoupin County)
#60 Carlinville Plaza
Carlinville, IL 62626
Hours: Monday - Thursday 8 am to 12 pm; 1 pm to 4:30 pm
June 2008 Extension Council Minutes
Tuesday June 24, 2008 • 7:00 PM
This meeting has passed.
Macoupin County Extension Council
June 24, 2008
Extension Office, Carlinville
The June 24, 2008 meeting of the Macoupin County Extension Council was called to order by Doug Gaines. Members present were Jennifer Brown, Jan Cloud, Eileen Nichols, Robert Quarton, Alice Tebbe. Paula Robinson County Extension Director was present. Members absent were Diane Bowman, Cara Duncan, Annette Edwards, Wanda Hammann, David Humphreys, Kristine Jarden, Molly Karnes, Edward Marburger, Olga Rives, David Sanson, Christine Simmons, Delbert Walk.
*Note a quorum of members was not reached so no actions were approved at this meeting.
The minutes were read by Jennifer Brown
Financial Report was as follows:
- Trust: $31,093.22
- In & Out: $7,306.60
- Petty Cash: $46.98
Paula Robinson reported
- Funds have been allocated in the state budget for a 93% match. However funds have not been released for disbursement as of today.
- Office lease agreement will end next year. Paula will contact landlord for new lease terms and possibly a 3 or 5 year agreement. Other alternatives will also be sought.
Amy Dewitt: 4-H in Macoupin County
- Handout of current status and shows for 2007-2008 enrollment
- Programs offered and expected to be offered
- Low Income
- Wellness programs
- Headstart Programs
- Presentation on Sugars in Soda, Bacteria in Food, Safety
- Budget for this year but what about next year?
- Begin charging for travel programs around the county.
- $40 charge for dining with Diabetes proposed
- What kind of Educational programs can be offered that do not require an educator?
- 4-H Recovery
- 4-H foundation funds
- Charge kids for publications
- Premium funds?
- State suggests $20 fee
Meeting Set for September 9, 2008 - 7 p.m. at Macoupin County Extension Office