INEP Near You

To find out if SNAP-Ed or EFNEP are offered near you, please select your county from the list below.

INEP on FacebookINEP on TwitterINEP Newsletter

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-Ed)

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-Ed) is nutrition education that is available to SNAP recipients and other limited-resource individuals and families. We focus on nutrition education and obesity prevention in an interactive, evidence-based, and behavior-change focused format.

In 2015, we partnered with more than 1,500 organizations in 89 counties across Illinois, reaching over 900,000 contacts through our educational programs.

Across Illinois, SNAP-Ed is provided through University of Illinois through the division of Extension and Outreach. In Cook County, Snap-Ed is also provided in partnership with the Chicago Partnership for Health Promotion at the University of Illinois at Chicago.

Who Does SNAP-Ed Serve?

SNAP-Ed provides educational classes and partners with community organizations to reach residents in need of our services. Classes are provided at community locations that are natural places where people go on a regular basis.

Our Seven Focus Areas for Programming Include:
  • Schools
  • Childcare Centers
  • Youth Centers
  • Community Centers: Programs for Adults
  • Food Distribution Sites
  • Farmers Markets/Grocery Stores
  • Faith-based Sites

SNAP Eligibility


SNAP-Ed is funded through USDA Food and Nutrition Services as part of the Agriculture Act of 2014 (Farm Bill).

More Information

Interested in finding out about classes in your area or partnering with SNAP-Ed?

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  2. fax: (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.