February 12, 2014
Medicare Coverage is not obtained through the ACA Marketplace. Therefore, for the most part, people on Medicare are not overly affected by the ACA with the exception of some benefits. The federal Medicare site www.medicare.gov highlights five things that people on Medicare should know about the ACA and their Medicare benefits.
- Medicare coverage is protected
- More preventative services are covered
- Medication costs will decrease under their prescription Part-D coverage
- Doctors should receive care coordination support to enhance oversight of patients
- Medicare is ensured through 2029 – this is a 12-year extension
AARP has additional information on ACA Medicare benefits: