SAVE THE DATE: Feb 24, 2018 University of Illinois Extension DeKalb County Master Gardeners present our annual conference for gardeners and horticulture enthusiasts. NEW format: New FEE ($50). Program registration starts 12/23/17.
Explore Local Programs
- Incubation & Embryology
Register by January 24, 2018
- Winter with a Master Gardener!
Register by February 8, 2018
- Soil & Water Management Webinar
Register by February 20, 2018
- Illinois Food Service Sanitation Manager Course -February 2018
Register by February 24, 2018
- Master Naturalist Training 2018
Register by March 12, 2018
- Private Pesticide Applicator - TEST ONLY OREGON
Register by March 15, 2018
Online Forms and Surveys
- I Want to Be a Master Naturalist
- Ask the Master Gardener
- Do you want to join a Boone County 4-H Club?
- Do you want to join a DeKalb County 4-H Club?
- Do you want to join an Ogle County 4-H Club?
- I Want to Be a Boone County Master Gardener
- I Want to Be a DeKalb County Master Gardener
- I Want to Be a Ogle County Master Gardener
2017 Illinois Farm Economics Summit
December 18, 2017
DeKalb (DeKalb County)
Growing Stapel Crops for Local Markets
December 19, 2017
Illinois Specialty Crops, Agritourism and Organic Conference
January 10-13, 2018
- View Full Calendar >>
Read the Latest News
- » Family Files Blog
Facts for All Ages
- » Flowers, Fruits, and Frass Blog
Local and statewide information on a variety of current topics for home gardeners and market growers.
- » Hort in the Home Landscape Blog
A blog devoted to sharing timely horticulture topics and answering the questions of gardeners and homeowners.
- » Illinois Nutrition Edition Blog
A Source for Health Information You Can Trust
- » Our Illinois 4-H Story Blog
The stories of lives changed by Illinois 4-H
- » Plan Well, Retire Well Blog
Saving and investing your money
- Diabetes Life Lines
Current diabetes research.
- Home Yard and Garden Pest
Provides timely information on insect, weed, and plant disease pests for landscapers, arborists, lawn care professionals, golf course personnel, and garden center operators.
- Registration Open For Small Farm Winter Webinar Series
- Healthy Holiday Food Gifts
- Study Shows Differences in Energy Digestibility Between Sows and Gilts
- Driftless Region Beef Conference Features Cover Crops Utilization
- Master Gardener Class Graduates
- Holiday Wreaths
- Selecting the Perfect Christmas Tree
- Ten Interesting Facts about Poinsettias
- Twelve Christmas Tree Facts
- Watch Where You Step: The Legend of Mistletoe
- 2017 Illinois Farm Economics Summit Scheduled
- Canada Geese Give Hunters the Slip by Hiding Out in Chicago
- Cover Crops Provide Bed and Breakfast Layover for Migrating Birds
- Current Corn Price Prospects
- Master Gardener Program Seeks Applicants
University of Illinois Extension serving Boone, DeKalb and Ogle Counties
421 W Pines Rd, Ste 10
Oregon, IL 61061
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm
205 Cadillac Court
Belvidere, IL 61008-1733
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm (Closed 12 - 1pm)
1350 West Prairie Drive
Sycamore, IL 60178-3166
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm (Closed 12 - 1pm)
Join the Ogle County Master Gardeners for an evening garden workshop!
Join the Boone County Master Gardeners as they present a program on seed starting and host a seed swap at Ida Public Library in Belvidere. Learn how to plan and plant your garden, connect with fellow gardeners, and share seeds with new friends.
U of I Extension presents a weekly educational series for the small farm community. The series will provide practical knowledge on emerging topics. Check out the complete list of topics and speakers.
Enjoy a 57 year old Illinois tradition by dialing 217-332-1882 and enjoying a carol sung by students. Anyone can call and request a song, and students will do their best to sing the tune for free.
Save the Date, Saturday, March 17 Sauk Valley Community College Keynote: Sandy Mason, U of I Extension, State Master Gardener Coordinator, These Are Not Your Granny's Bloomers - How Flowers have Changed Over the Years
U of I Extension will host a workshop on Thursday, February 20, from 9:00am - 2:30pm on the topic of soil fertility. It will be taught via web conferencing and will feature specialists from Illinois, and Wisconsin. Certified Crop Advisors: earn up to 4.5
Teachers wishing to have chick embryology in their classroom are encouraged to attend Incubation and Embryology teacher training on Thursday, February 8 from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the DeKalb County Farm Bureau.
If you are interested in attending a Master Gardener Training in the fall of 2018, please fill out the attached survey. For more information contact, Liz Sosa, Sosa6@illinois.edu or 815-732-2191
Thank you for your interest in the University of Illinois Extension Master Gardener program. If you live in Boone, DeKalb or Ogle County, you can take this training. For more information contact Liz Sosa, Program Coordinator, Ogle County 815-732-2191
Poinsettias are traditional Christmas plants that will last through the Christmas season and beyond. It is important to select the best plant for your home environment. Check out U of I Extension's "The Poinsettia Pages" for a few tips on care and selecti
2018 Master Naturalist training will be taking place on Mondays, starting March 12 thru May 21 in Ogle County. Each session will be from 5-9pm. Keep watch for more information on how to register.
Thank you for visiting our website. University of Illinois Extension's Boone-DeKalb-Ogle Unit is the link between University of Illinois and all of our friends and neighbors in Boone, DeKalb and Ogle counties. U of I Extension offers practical, research-based education to help people improve their lives and communities through learning partnerships that put knowledge to work. Please contact us at any of our offices with questions or to learn more about these educational or leadership opportunities. We also encourage you to add our site to your favorites list.
U of I Extension is based in the College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES) and works with all colleges and units of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Thursday November 10, 2016 • 6:00 PM
Thursday February 9, 2017 • 6:00 PM
Thursday June 8, 2017 • 6:00 PM
Friday June 16, 2017 • 10:00 AM
Wednesday September 20, 2017 • 6:00 PM