- Take a Stand to Prevent Falls
- Back to School Mealtimes
- School and Homework Tips for Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
- Those Digital Ads on Social Media
- How to Have a Successful Summer
- Are you Engaging Your Brain?
- Summer Safety Tips for Children
- Traditions are Important for Families
- Unplug and Re-Engage in Life
- Spring into Summer with Salmon
- View Full Archive >>
Facts for Families
Brain Fitness Workshop
By Cheri Bucham, Family Life Educator
There is increasing evidence that brain health is directly related to body health. However, most people think more about keeping their bodies fit or their hearts healthy than working at maintaining a healthy brain.
I am offering "Brain Exercise Classes" every 4th Monday of the month at Mid-Illinois Senior Center in Sullivan from 1:00-2:30pm.
Participants are led through interactive activities designed to exercise the brain in order to maintain and enhance cognitive function and memory. These classes are on-going every month and there is no cost to attend; however registration is required so enough hand-outs will be available. You do not have to worry if you have missed classes, as each session is geared to a new activity and function.
You are never too young or old to get started training your brain, so join me in this fun and informative class by phoning the Senior Center at 728-8521 or the Extension office at 543-3755.
For more information on University of Illinois Unit 19 programming and to read more helpful articles, visit our website at http://web.extension.illinois.edu/ccdms/index.html or call us at (217)543-3755.