Join us for a free Local Government Education webinar, Opportunity Zones on Wednesday, July 25, 2018, from 10AM – 11AM CST.
Explore Local Programs
- ABCs of School Nutrition Learning Institute Training ROE 3
Register by July 27, 2018
- ABCs of School Nutrition Learning Institute Training ROE 12
Register by July 31, 2018
- Jasper County Hunter Safety Course
Register by August 11, 2018
Online Forms and Surveys
Read the Latest News
- » Animals and Science in the Classroom Blog
Gain tips on animal husbandry, animal related activities, games, events and careers!
- » Building Entrepreneurial Communities Blog
Strategies for Strengthening Local Economies
- » Family Files Blog
Facts for All Ages
- » Hooves and Horns Blog
All things livestock and equine...get nutrition, management, animal health and industry updates.
- » Our Illinois 4-H Story Blog
The stories of lives changed by Illinois 4-H
- Crop, Stock and Ledger
Crop, Stock and Ledger covers a variety of agricultural and natural resources issues.
- The Homeowners Column
Sandy Mason's Homeowners Column discusses hot topics in the home landscape each week.
- Weekly Ag Update
Enjoy Locally Grown Foods
- 2017 Effingham County 4-H Dairy Cattle Show
- 2017 Effingham County 4-H Cat Show
- 2017 Effingham County 4-H Rabbit Show
- 2017 Effingham County 4-H Dairy Goat Show
- 2017 Effingham County 4-H Sheep Show
- 2017 Effingham County 4-H Poultry Show
- 2017 Effingham County Master Showmanship
- 2015 Vandalia Welcome to the Real World
- 2015 Volunteer Breakfast-Clay County
- Afterschool Adventures
- Fayette County Sew Simple Workshop
- Fayette County Shooting Sports
- Jasper 4-H Skating Party
- Jasper County 4-H Ambassadors
- Jasper County Camp Cloverbud
- Mini Lock In
- Vandalia's Little Garden-Garden Tour
University of Illinois Extension serving Clay, Effingham, Fayette and Jasper Counties
1209 Wenthe Drive
Effingham, IL 62401
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm
223 W Railroad St
Flora, IL 62839
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
118 N. Sixth Street
Vandalia, IL 62471
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Newton, IL 62448
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00am - 4:00pm
Extension Educator, Agriculture and Natural Resources (Horticulture) The University of Illinois Extension is seeking individuals to provide educational leadership for program delivery in Unit 21 (Clay, Effingham, Fayette, and Jasper Counties). Master’s
Join us for a FREE day of local school food service training providing 6 hours of USDA professional standards credit for the 2018-2019 school year.
Join us for FREE day of local school food service training providing 6 hours of USDA Professional Standards credit for the 2018-2019 school year.
On behalf of University of Illinois Extension and the staff serving Clay, Effingham, Fayette and Jasper Counties I want to personally thank you for your continued support.
During the past year Extension embarked on the questions of “what do we do and why does it matter?” I can answer those two questions by stating that our commitment remains strong to bring you relevant, reliable and responsive education to improve lives and economies throughout the communities we live, work and play. University of Illinois Extension continues to adapt to meet the local needs of our clientele and will continue to serve our local communities for years to come. Extension is part of the solution to the challenges we face in Illinois, and we are looking forward to addressing those challenges with our local partners.
Visit our website often for upcoming programing, calendar of events, new releases and additional research based information. I look forward to our continued relationship as we build for the future.
Recipe of the Month
Melon Berry Banana Fruit Salad
1/2 cantaloupe, cut into cubes or balls
1 banana, sliced
1 cup strawberries, sliced
1 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
1/4 cup low-calorie salad dressing (we recommend poppyseed or sweet mayo-like dressing)
2 tablespoon fruit juice
1/4 teaspoon dried mint (optional)
1. Combine all fruits in a large bowl.
2. Blend salad dressing with fruit juice and mint.
3. Gently stir dressing into fruit.
4. Refrigerate until served
Nutrition Facts Servings per Recipe: 4.00 Calories 120.00 Fat 2.00 g Sodium 85.00 mg Total Carbohydrates 25.00 g Fiber 3.00 g Protein 2.00 g
Questions? Contact Erin Maxwell, Community Worker, SNAP-Ed at email@example.com