The 2018 4-H Small Engines/Lawn Mower/Tractor Safety School will begin on March 15 and will run until Thursday, April 19, 2018.
Explore Local Programs
- 4-H in Clay County
- 4-H in Effingham County
- 4-H in Fayette County
- 4-H in Jasper County
- Effingham County Master Gardeners
- Fayette County Master Gardeners
- Local Government Training
- Small Business Development/Entrepreneurship
- Unit 21 Extension Council
- Unit 21 Plan of Work
- Illinois Nutrition Education Programs
- Annie's Project
Register by February 6, 2018
- 4-H Skating Party
Register by March 1, 2018
- Effingham County 4-H Small Engines/Lawn Mower/Tractor Safety School
Register by March 15, 2018
- Private Pesticide Applicator - TESTING ONLY
Register by March 25, 2018
Online Forms and Surveys
Read the Latest News
- » Hooves and Horns Blog
All things livestock and equine...get nutrition, management, animal health and industry updates.
- Crop, Stock and Ledger
Crop, Stock and Ledger covers a variety of agricultural and natural resources issues.
- The Homeowners Column
Sandy Mason's Homeowners Column discusses hot topics in the home landscape each week.
- Weekly Ag Update
Enjoy Locally Grown Foods
- Clay/Effingham/Fayette/Jasper Unit E-News
Monthly News from the Clay,Effingham,Fayette and Jasper Counties.
- Extension in Action
Extension in Action is published by the Joint Council of Extension Professionals -- a collaboration of University of Illinois Extension employee associations.
- 2017 Effingham County 4-H Dairy Cattle Show
- 2017 Effingham County 4-H Cat Show
- 2017 Effingham County 4-H Rabbit Show
- 2017 Effingham County 4-H Dairy Goat Show
- 2017 Effingham County 4-H Sheep Show
- 2017 Effingham County 4-H Poultry Show
- 2017 Effingham County Master Showmanship
- 2015 Vandalia Welcome to the Real World
- 2015 Volunteer Breakfast-Clay County
- Afterschool Adventures
- Fayette County Sew Simple Workshop
- Fayette County Shooting Sports
- Jasper 4-H Skating Party
- Jasper County 4-H Ambassadors
- Jasper County Camp Cloverbud
- Mini Lock In
- Vandalia's Little Garden-Garden Tour
University of Illinois Extension serving Clay, Effingham, Fayette and Jasper Counties
1209 Wenthe Drive
Effingham, IL 62401
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm
223 W Railroad St
Flora, IL 62839
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
118 N. Sixth Street
Vandalia, IL 62471
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Newton, IL 62448
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00am - 4:00pm
A testing only session for Private Applicator License applicants will be held at the University of Illilnois Extension, 1209 Wenthe Drive, Effingham IL.
NEEDS ASSESSMENT: University of Illinois Extension can use your help. We are interested in LEARNING your thoughts about the most important issues and opportunities in your communities. Your answers will help us to shape educational programs that help residents, businesses, and communities learn and grow. Your participation is voluntary - you may decide not to answer any of the questions or not to complete the survey at any time. The survey will take approximately 10 to 15 minutes. The answers you provide will be kept confidential. Your name will not be associated with your answers when the data are compiled. You are encouraged to ask any questions you may have about this process or survey by contacting Unit 21’s County Extension Director Carl Baker; email (email@example.com) or phone (217-347-7773). Click on the link to participate in the NEEDS ASSESSMENT https://illinoisaces.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_a2vxYzkOFXGfqF7 Your responses are anonymous, however you choose to submit them. Thanks for your contribution to our planning process!
Recipe of the Month
Tomato Cilantro Soup
8 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste, unsalted
1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, lower sodium
1 tablespoon cilantro, dried 1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Add broth to soup pot. Add tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and spices. Mix together.
2. Cook soup at a simmer on low-medium heat for 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend well.
3. Serve with sandwiches or salad.
Makes 8, 1 cup servings.
Instructions for making own broth: Place chicken carcass, vegetable pieces (such as sliced carrots, celery, onions, and bell peppers), and 2 qts water in a pot. Cook on low for 8 hours.
Nutrition Facts Servings per Recipe: 8.00 Calories 70.00 Fat 1.50 g Fiber 2.00 g Protein 6.00 g Sodium 380.00 mg Total Carbohydrates 10.00 g
Questions? Contact Jo Stine, Community Worker, SNAP-Ed at firstname.lastname@example.org
No Upcoming Extension Meetings.