Join us in the Effingham Office for a Soil Fertility Webinar viewing! 4.5 CEUs available. Register here
Explore Local Programs
- Excel with Emma Kuhns (Awards Training)
Register by February 24, 2019
- Soil Fertility Webinar
Register by February 25, 2019
- 4-H Skating Party
Register by March 11, 2019
- 4-H Small Engines/Lawn Mower/Tractor Safety School
Register by March 12, 2019
- Private Applicator - Testing Only Session
Register by March 19, 2019
Online Forms and Surveys
Read the Latest News
- » Animals and Science in the Classroom Blog
Gain tips on animal husbandry, animal related activities, games, events and careers!
- » Building Entrepreneurial Communities Blog
Strategies for Strengthening Local Economies
- » Family Files Blog
Facts for All Ages
- » Hooves and Horns Blog
All things livestock and equine...get nutrition, management, animal health and industry updates.
- » Our Illinois 4-H Story Blog
The stories of lives changed by Illinois 4-H
- Crop, Stock and Ledger
Crop, Stock and Ledger covers a variety of agricultural and natural resources issues.
- The Homeowners Column
Sandy Mason's Homeowners Column discusses hot topics in the home landscape each week.
- Weekly Ag Update
Enjoy Locally Grown Foods
- 2017 Effingham County 4-H Dairy Cattle Show
- 2017 Effingham County 4-H Cat Show
- 2017 Effingham County 4-H Rabbit Show
- 2017 Effingham County 4-H Dairy Goat Show
- 2017 Effingham County 4-H Sheep Show
- 2017 Effingham County 4-H Poultry Show
- 2017 Effingham County Master Showmanship
- 2015 Vandalia Welcome to the Real World
- 2015 Volunteer Breakfast-Clay County
- Afterschool Adventures
- Fayette County Sew Simple Workshop
- Fayette County Shooting Sports
- Jasper 4-H Skating Party
- Jasper County 4-H Ambassadors
- Jasper County Camp Cloverbud
- Mini Lock In
- Vandalia's Little Garden-Garden Tour
University of Illinois Extension serving Clay, Effingham, Fayette and Jasper Counties
1209 Wenthe Drive
Effingham, IL 62401
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm
223 W Railroad St
Flora, IL 62839
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
118 N. Sixth Street
Vandalia, IL 62471
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Newton, IL 62448
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00am - 4:00pm
This program provides livestock producers with the best management practices for managing and handling their manure. Livestock producers with more than 300 animal units must be a certified livestock manager.
February 2, 2019 9-11 a.m. Effingham County Fairgrounds
Interested in trips, scholarships, and awards? How about a trip to National 4-H Congress? It all starts with you! Now is your chance to learn how you can become a part of amazing opportunities waiting for you! Register today!
On behalf of University of Illinois Extension and the staff serving Clay, Effingham, Fayette and Jasper Counties I want to personally thank you for your continued support.
During the past year Extension embarked on the questions of “what do we do and why does it matter?” I can answer those two questions by stating that our commitment remains strong to bring you relevant, reliable and responsive education to improve lives and economies throughout the communities we live, work and play. University of Illinois Extension continues to adapt to meet the local needs of our clientele and will continue to serve our local communities for years to come. Extension is part of the solution to the challenges we face in Illinois, and we are looking forward to addressing those challenges with our local partners.
Visit our website often for upcoming programing, calendar of events, new releases and additional research based information. I look forward to our continued relationship as we build for the future.
Recipe of the Month
Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup
2 cups water
2 cups frozen or canned mixed vegetables
1 can (16-ounce) tomatoes, broken up
1 cup beef, cooked, diced, lean
1-1/4 cups noodles, uncooked
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat water.
2. Add vegetables and meat.
3. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes.
4. Add noodles and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes.
NUTRITION FACTS (per serving) - Calories 165 ~ fat 5 g ~ calories from fat 49 ~ sodium 302 mg ~ total carbohydrate 21 g ~ fiber 3 g
Questions? Contact Erin Maxwell, Community Worker, SNAP-Ed at email@example.com
No Upcoming Extension Meetings.