- Subscribe to receive FREE issues of Extension Connections Magazine
Register by February 10, 2021
Read the Latest News
- A Locavore's Journey Blog
A day in the life of a Central Illinois Locavore
- Local Flavors Blog
Explore growing, preparing, & preserving local food in rural central Illinois and the community impact of buying local
- Extension Connections
Our seasonal magazine highlighting the best of Unit 18 Programs, as well as helpful articles for better living.
- Teachers Participate in Live-Action Poverty Simulation
- Webinar to offer 5 Strategies for Attracting & Retaining Youth in Rural Communities
- Teachers participate in live-action poverty simulation
- Annie’s Project gets Off to a colorful start in Christian County
- 2016 Legislative Update webinar
- Economic development strategies in Illinois webinar
- Webinar on economic development strategies in Illinois
- Future Leaders Learn About County Government at 5th Annual Macoupin County Board Shadowing
- Extension to Host Final Community Revitalization Planning Meeting in Nokomis
- Volunteers - Building Stronger Communities One Hour at A Time
- Extension to Host Follow Up Town Hall Meeting In Nokomis March 21
- Extension Hosts Town Hall Meeting In Nokomis
- Monitoring the pace of corn and soybean consumption
- National politics shape the impacts of park law enforcement.
County Extension Director
University of Illinois Extension
#1 Industrial Park Dr.
Hillsboro, IL 62049
Community and Economic Development
Extension provides educational programs in leadership and organizational development, supports existing economic development organizations, assists communities with planning and supports economic development initiatives.
To register for any of our upcoming programs, click on the event's listing on the right hand column of this page.
AREAS OF FOCUS:
* Community Leadership / Organizational Development
* Participatory Community Planning
* Community Economic Development
* Opportunities Across Our Four-County Unit
University of Illinois Extension provides educational programs for youth and adults. To learn more about programing opportunities, please contact Chris Casey at 217- 287-7246 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This site includes examples of Illinois Agritourism, information on business development, resources, and upcoming events.