Signup to receive email updates
- 2010 Master Composter Graduation
- Become a Master Composter!
- Reminder: Master Composter - GPC Series Training Tomorrow
- Special Thanks go out to Master Composters of Chicago
- Composters Needed for Flower and Garden Show!
- Come Enjoy the Sight at Worm Night! Sign Up Now!
- Announcing the 2010 Master Composter Series at GPC!
- Chicago Home Composting
- City Farmer Urban Home Composting
- Composting for Kids
- Composting for the Homeowner
- Cornell Composting
- Compost Guide
- Composting Activities for Kids
- Composting at Home
- Composting in the Home Garden
- Composting Fact Sheets
- EPA Composting
- How Composting Works
- How to Compost.org
- Make a Bird's Nest Compost Bin
- Make Compost Tea
- New York City Compost Project
- School Food Waste Composting Program
- Shedd Aquarium's Guide for Worm Composting
- Successful Home Composting
- The Adventures of Herman the Worm
- The Burrow
- US Composting Council
- Vermicomposting Forums
- Worm Woman.Com
- Worm Digest
- October 2010 (1)
- August 2010 (1)
- April 2010 (1)
- March 2010 (1)
- February 2010 (2)
- January 2010 (5)
- January 2009 (1)
- November 2008 (1)
- October 2008 (3)
- September 2008 (1)
- June 2008 (2)
- March 2008 (2)
- February 2008 (1)
- January 2008 (4)
- December 2007 (1)
- November 2007 (2)
- October 2007 (2)
- September 2007 (3)
- August 2007 (2)
36 Total Posts
follow our RSS feed
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Chicago Master Composter Program 2007
City and State___________________________________________________________________
Home Phone ___________________________________________________________________
Work Phone ___________________________________________________________________
Cell Phone ___________________________________________________________________
1. Please check your affiliation:
____Chicago Master Gardener ____Chicago Department of Environment
____Chicago Dept. of Streets & Sanitation ____Chicago Park District
____Chicago School for Ag Sciences ____Fuller Park Community Dev. Corp.
____Garfield Park Conservatory Alliance ____University of Illinois Extension
2. Please describe why you are interested in becoming a Chicago Master Composter:
3. Please rate your composting experience (check one):
(No experience) ____1 ____2 ____3 ____4 ____5 (A lot of experience)
4. List any languages you speak or write fluently, other than English:
5. My neighborhood is_________________. My alderman is _____________________.
6. Please indicate times you are generally available and not available for outreach activities by placing an A for times you are generally available, OR placing an N for times you are generally not available. Please note: This does not commit you to any specific date. It is used to help connect volunteers with projects. Remember you are required to do 10 hours on weekends manning the Rotline at the Garfield Park Conservatory Plant Clinic.
Sunday ______ ______
Monday ______ ______
Tuesday ______ ______
Wednesday ______ ______
Thursday ______ ______
Friday ______ ______
Saturday ______ ______
7. Please indicate the type of scheduling notice that fits your lifestyle (Yes or No)
____I need to schedule activities well in advance of the event.
____I am available on short notice, 1-7 days.
____I am available some days for emergency fill-ins.
I __________________________________________agree to attend all three training workshops – Oct. 2007 and complete 20 hours of community outreach teaching composting in Chicago neighborhoods Oct. 2007 – Sept 2008 if I am accepted into the Chicago Master Composter Program.
Application Deadline is Sept. 24, 2007
Please mail, email or fax your application to the location below. The cost for participating in the program is $50. Please make checks payable to University of Illinois Extension.
Please send, fax or email your application to:
University of Illinois Extension
3807 W. 111th Street
Chicago, IL 60655
Or to: email@example.com, or fax: (773) 233-0910.
For More Information about the Master Composter Program
Please contact Nancy Kreith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773-233-0476.