Signup to receive email updates
- 2010 Master Composter Graduation
- Become a Master Composter!
- Reminder: Master Composter - GPC Series Training Tomorrow
- Special Thanks go out to Master Composters of Chicago
- Composters Needed for Flower and Garden Show!
- Come Enjoy the Sight at Worm Night! Sign Up Now!
- Announcing the 2010 Master Composter Series at GPC!
- Chicago Home Composting
- City Farmer Urban Home Composting
- Composting for Kids
- Composting for the Homeowner
- Cornell Composting
- Compost Guide
- Composting Activities for Kids
- Composting at Home
- Composting in the Home Garden
- Composting Fact Sheets
- EPA Composting
- How Composting Works
- How to Compost.org
- Make a Bird's Nest Compost Bin
- Make Compost Tea
- New York City Compost Project
- School Food Waste Composting Program
- Shedd Aquarium's Guide for Worm Composting
- Successful Home Composting
- The Adventures of Herman the Worm
- The Burrow
- US Composting Council
- Vermicomposting Forums
- Worm Woman.Com
- Worm Digest
- October 2010 (1)
- August 2010 (1)
- April 2010 (1)
- March 2010 (1)
- February 2010 (2)
- January 2010 (5)
- January 2009 (1)
- November 2008 (1)
- October 2008 (3)
- September 2008 (1)
- June 2008 (2)
- March 2008 (2)
- February 2008 (1)
- January 2008 (4)
- December 2007 (1)
- November 2007 (2)
- October 2007 (2)
- September 2007 (3)
- August 2007 (2)
36 Total Posts
follow our RSS feed
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Hello Master Composters,
We are still in need of one or two MCs for the compost demo on June 21. Please let me know if this interests you or if other dates interest you.
Thank you. Nancy Kreith
Where: Garfield Park Conservatory's Demonstration Garden –300 North Central Park
When: One Saturday per month
Time: 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Provided by: University of Illinois Extension Cook County/Chicago Master Composters
2008 Demonstration Schedule:
June 21 – Building up that Heat in a Compost Bin
Learn how to activate your compost pile and build up some heat!
July 12 – Harvesting and Using Your Compost
Start harvesting that finished compost from spring. Learn how to use your compost as mulch and potting mix. Compost sifting will be demonstrated.
August 16 – Brew a Batch of Compost Tea
Join us in the shade for a spot of tea. Compost tea works wonders on your plants and applying it is a cinch. The process of brewing the tea is slightly more complex.
September 20 – Basics of Composting – County Fair*
Learn passive composting systems, such as, add- as- you- go, leaf composting and leaving cut grass behind. Compost Basics all day – bring you fruit and veggie scraps.
October 11 – Compost Bins and Winter Preparation
Get those bins ready for winter. Harvest your remaining compost and use it in the fall. Remember to shred or cut large stems and branches into small pieces.
*Special Event - On-going demonstrations will last 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Extension Program Coordinator
University of Illinois Extension
3807 W. 111th Street
Chicago, IL. 60655