Get inspired at the Macon County Garden Walk on June 23. Take a self-guided of 8 unique Decatur gardens. Click below to buy your tickets! Or, call 217.877.6042 or visit the Macon County Extension Office today!
Explore Local Programs
- Macon County 4-H Shotgun Club
Register by June 20, 2019
- Garden Walk
Register by June 21, 2019
- Four Seasons Summer Webinar - Landscape Invasives and Native Alternatives
Register by June 23, 2019
- DeWitt - Macon - Piatt 4-H Day at the Zoo
Register by June 24, 2019
- Macon County 4-H Shooting Sports Youth Leaders Needed
Register by June 30, 2019
- WELL4IL - Weekly Diabetes Text
Register by July 1, 2019
- Four Seasons Gardening Summer Webinar - Youth Gardening
Register by July 12, 2019
- DeWitt County 4-H Robot Face Off in Clinton
Register by July 29, 2019
- Four Seasons Gardening Summer Webinar - Going Organic
Register by August 2, 2019
- Master Naturalist Class
Register by August 14, 2019
- Get Fresh e-newsletter
Register by September 1, 2019
- Free "Eating to Reduce the Risk of Diabetes" Online Course
Register by December 31, 2019
Online Forms and Surveys
Read the Latest News
- » Acres of Knowledge Blog
All issues concerning Small Farms, Agriculture, Local Food Systems, and the Natural Resources.
- » Healthy Eats and Repeat Blog
Highlighting Food, Recipes, and Ideas for a Healthy Lifestyle
- » Illinois Nutrition Edition Blog
A Source for Health Information You Can Trust
- » Know How, Know More Blog
Connecting You with Your Food, Farmers and Community
- » Straight Stalk Blog
Current crop information updates and research highlights
- Extension Offers “Well4IL”Free Diabetes Text Message Program
- Get the Inside Scoop on Farmers Markets and CSAs with Get Fresh program
- Scout and Control Bagworms
- Extension Offers Free Online Pre-Diabetes Course
- Perennial Plant of the Year
- Preserve Foods Safely in DeWitt County with Free Pressure Canner Test from Extension
- Preserve Foods Safely in Macon County with Free Pressure Canner Test from Extension
- Preserve Foods Safely in Piatt County with Free Pressure Canner Test from Extension
University of Illinois Extension serving DeWitt, Macon and Piatt Counties
3351 N. President Howard Brown Blvd.
Decatur, IL 62521
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm
8425 Katie Road
Clinton, IL 61727
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm
210 South Market Street
Monticello, IL 61856
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm (Closed 12 - 1pm)
We are hiring a Horticulture Program Coordinator based in Monticello to implement horticulture educational programs and volunteer opportunities that foster the acquisition of knowledge and the development of communities. Closes 6/24.
Get the inside scoop on farmers markets and CSAs with Get Fresh! • Weekly e-newsletter • Q&As with farmers • Seasonal recipes • Food preservation tips
1 in 3 adults have prediabetes, don't be a number! Take a free online class to learn how you can reduce your risk.
Learn the principles of shooting and the safe and responsible use of firearms from a certified instructor. Equipment provided.
U of I Horticulture Educator Kelly Allsup will discuss common plants with invasive qualities in natural areas and replace them with native alternatives that are just as attractive. Attend at the Decatur Public Library, Piatt Extension Office, or remotely.
For busy adults, healthy choices aren't always the easy choices. Join the University Of Illinois Extension Wednesdays from May 22nd through July 10th for an 8 session program to learn nutrition concepts! Free recipes and cooking utensils provided!
Welcome to University of Illinois Extension serving DeWitt, Macon & Piatt Counties. We are excited to be invested in your community!
The DeWitt, Macon, Piatt Country Extension Unit offers practical, research-based education to improve lives and communities. Please contact us in DeWitt County at 217-935-5764, in Macon County at 217-877-6042 and in Piatt County at 217-762-2191 with questions or to learn more about our educational or leadership opportunities.