Looking for simple, but fun ways to get youth engaged in gardening? Learn some quick, easy and highly engaging gardening activities that everyone that works with youth should have in their back pocket.
Explore Local Programs
- Interest Form for Master Gardener or Master Naturalist Training
Register by July 28, 2019
- Order Gardening Books and Beyond
Register by April 22, 2022
Online Forms and Surveys
4-H Around the World - International Travel to Japan
June 12-August 8, 2019
4-H Around the World - International Travel to Costa Rica
June 20-July 19, 2019
4-H Around the World - International Travel to Finland
June 26-July 27, 2019
- View Full Calendar >>
Read the Latest News
- » Community Health: Education, Prevention and Inspiration Blog
Empowering people to make healthy, respectful and responsible choices.
- » Family Files Blog
Facts for All Ages
- » Good Growing Blog
Keeping you growing with good ideas
- » Illinois Nutrition Edition Blog
A Source for Health Information You Can Trust
- » Naturalist Notebook Blog
Reviews and journal entries inspired by nature in West Central Illinois.
- » Our Illinois 4-H Story Blog
The stories of lives changed by Illinois 4-H
- » Plan Well, Retire Well Blog
Saving and investing your money
- » The Humble Gardener Blog
At University of Illinois Extension, our volunteers are at our core. Hear their voice on this volunteer driven blog.
- Crop, Stock and Ledger
Crop, Stock and Ledger covers a variety of agricultural and natural resources issues.
- McDonough County 4-H Fair Horse Show Results
- McDonough County 4-H Fair Beef Show Results
- McDonough County 4-H Fair Poultry Show Results
- McDonough County Fair 4-H Swine Show Results
- McDonough County 4-H Fair Goat Show Results
- McDonough County Fair 4-H Sheep Show Results
- McDonough County 4-H Fair General Show Results
- McDonough County 4-H Fair Rabbit Show Results
- Watch your new Rhododendron plants!
University of Illinois Extension serving Henderson, Knox, McDonough and Warren Counties
180 S Soangetaha Rd, Ste 108
Galesburg, IL 61401
Hours: Hours: Monday - Friday 8a.m. to 4:30p.m. (Closed noon - 1 pm)
PO Box 540
Stronghurst, IL 61480
Hours: Monday and Tuesday 8a.m. - 2p.m. and Thursday 8a.m. - 4:30p.m.
3022 W Jackson
Macomb, IL 61455
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm (Closed noon - 1 pm)
1000 North Main Street
PO Box 227
Monmouth, IL 61462
Hours: Monday through Friday 8 am to 4:30pm (Closed noon to 1 pm)
Follow us on social media and be sure to tag #Knox4HFair to keep up with all the events!
Budgeting Class - Macomb
We are partnering with WIRC-CAA in Macomb. Reserve your seat by calling WIRC-CAA at 309-837-2997.
Follow us on social media and be sure to tag #Warren4HFair to keep up with all the events!
Statistics show home landscapes receive three times more pesticides per acre than commercial agriculture production. Many clients are turning to ‘organic’ products due to their growing market and perception that these pesticides are safer, but are they?
Recipe of the Week
Cucumber Strawberry Salsa
Serving per recipe: 18
Questions? Contact Tara Chenoweth, Community Worker, SNAP-Ed at firstname.lastname@example.org