University of Illinois Extension serving Henderson, Knox, McDonough and Warren Counties
180 S Soangetaha Rd, Ste 108
Galesburg, IL 61401
Hours: Hours: Monday - Friday 8a.m. to 4:30p.m. (Closed noon - 1 pm)
PO Box 540
Stronghurst, IL 61480
Hours: Monday and Tuesday 8a.m. - 2p.m. and Thursday 8a.m. - 4:30p.m.
3022 W Jackson
Macomb, IL 61455
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm (Closed noon - 1 pm)
1000 North Main Street
PO Box 227
Monmouth, IL 61462
Hours: Monday through Friday 8 am to 4:30pm (Closed noon to 1 pm)
About University of Illinois Extension
University of Illinois Extension is the flagship outreach effort of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, offering educational programs to residents of all of Illinois' 102 counties — and far beyond.
At University of Illinois Extension, our mission is to enable people to improve their lives and communities through learning partnerships that put knowledge to work.
As Extension professionals, we focus on critical economic, environmental, leadership, youth, and family issues. It is our vision to:
• Engage people in lifelong learning.
• Address emerging needs by developing programs that anticipate social, economic, and policy changes.
• Apply valid, reliable research and information.
• Bring together and extend University of Illinois resources.
• Maximize resources by initiating and organizing community coalitions.
• Educate without discrimination and employ people representing the diversity in the state’s population.
• Recruit and develop volunteers to multiply Extension’s outreach.
• Teach with appropriate and effective educational techniques and methods.
• Value teamwork, recognizing and supporting the contributions of others.
While most Extension programs are offered on an informal, non-credit basis, U of I Extension does offer continuing education credits in some fields of study. Extension programs may be offered as hands-on workshops, field days, online self-paced tutorials, or in other formats that are suitable for the audience and subject-matter.
Communities are directly served by Extension staff in 27 units located throughout Illinois. Extension educators in local offices and specialists located on the U of I campus develop and deliver in-depth programming locally, in regional venues, and through distance-learning technologies.
As part of the nationwide Cooperative Extension System, U of I Extension also is able to draw on research-based expertise from land-grant universities all across the country. Volunteers who serve on local advisory councils provide direction for U of I Extension programming, ensuring that programs continue to meet critical needs. U of I Extension is based in the College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES) and works with all colleges and units of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.