This course will go into the decisions you need to make when it comes to getting mature apple trees back into shape over the next couple of years. Join Extension Educator Grant McCarty for this workshop on November 28, 2018 in Freeport.
Explore Local Programs
- * Unit 1 Programs and Events
- 4-H Tech Wizards
- Community Gardening Project
- Food Enterprise Center
- Illinois Cottage Food Operation Information
- Jo Daviess County 4-H
- Jo Daviess Master Naturalists
- JoDaviess County Master Gardeners
- Public Value Statements
- Stephenson County 4-H
- Stephenson County Master Gardeners
- Stephenson Local Foods Initiative
- Unit 1 Ag Newsletter
- Unit 1 Annual Reports
- Unit 1 Extension Council Meetings
- Winnebago County 4-H
- Winnebago County Master Gardeners
- Winnebago Local Foods Initiative
- Winnebago Master Naturalists
- Illinois Nutrition Education Programs
- 2018 4-H Award & Volunteer Recognition Event (Stephenson)
Register by October 16, 2018
- The Backyard Orchard (Jo Daviess)
Register by October 16, 2018
- Understanding How Diet Influences Inflammation (Freeport)
Register by October 18, 2018
- Jo Daviess 4-H Achievement Banquet/Leader Recognition
Register by October 26, 2018
- Busy Lives - Easy Meals, Slow Cookers and More (Freeport)
Register by October 30, 2018
- Soil Testing for Crop Production (Jo Daviess)
Register by November 7, 2018
- Getting the Scoop on Winter Squash (Freeport)
Register by November 8, 2018
- Soil Testing for Crop Production (Freeport)
Register by November 8, 2018
- Winnebago 4-H Recognition Event (Rockford)
Register by November 12, 2018
- A Healthy Holiday Season (Jo Daviess)
Register by November 15, 2018
- Intro to Apple Tree Pruning: The Older and Neglected (Freeport)
Register by November 28, 2018
- Certified Food Protection Mgr. Course, December, (Freeport)
Register by December 4, 2018
Read the Latest News
- » Deeper Roots Blog
A blog focused on marketing in the local food system
- » Hill and Furrow Blog
Current topics about crop production in Western Illinois, including field crops research at the NWIARDC in Monmouth.
- » Hort in the Home Landscape Blog
A blog devoted to sharing timely horticulture topics and answering the questions of gardeners and homeowners.
- » Illinois Nutrition Edition Blog
A Source for Health Information You Can Trust
- » Northwest Illinois Horticulture Corner Blog
In the far Northwest Corner of Illinois, gardening is a very popular pastime! Get your info here!
- » Raise, Grow, Harvest, Eat, Repeat Blog
A blog for growers, consumers, and backyard gardeners to grow, eat, and connect in the local food system.
- » The Ag Engineering Update Blog
The latest and greatest from your livestock engineers.
- » The Cattle Blog
- » The Cattle Connection Blog
The cattlemen's connection to timely topics, current research, and profitable management strategies
- » The Seed Bank Blog
A blog for producers to stay updated regarding management practices and production concerns in NW Illinois.
- » The Small Ruminant Blog
- Certified Food Protection Manager Course offered in Freeport
- Forage Council Sets Hay Auction Dates for 2018-2019
- Time for a Soil Test?
- Intro to Apple Tree Pruning: The Older and Neglected
- Pat Yeagle of Winslow Inducted into 4-H Hall of Fame
- Improving Food Access with Shared Bikes and a Trolley
- Master Gardener from Stephenson County Recognized for Service
- Tea and Crafts with the Gardeners
- The Backyard Orchard
- Busy Lives – Easy Meals, Slow Cookers and More
- Getting the Scoop on Winter Squash!
- ILLINOIS 4-H FOUNDATION HONORS 67 VOLUNTEERS
- Understanding How Diet and Lifestyle Influences the Inflammation Process
- Soybean Planting Populations and Seed Treatments
- 2018; The year to try cover crops?
- White Mold - Cause for Concern?
University of Illinois Extension serving Jo Daviess, Stephenson and Winnebago Counties
Highland Community College, Bldg R
2998 W Pearl City Rd
Freeport, IL 61032
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm
Jo Daviess County
204 Vine, PO Box 600
Elizabeth, IL 61028
SNAP Ed Office
650 North Main St
Rockford, IL 61103
1040 North Second Street
Rockford, IL 61107
Each year, government officials & administrators in IL improve their knowledge & skills through professional development opportunities offered by Univ. of IL Extension. See the link below for 2018 webinars!
Interested in learning more about various soil test types and testing strategies? Univ. of Illinois Extension Commercial Agriculture Educator, Phillip Alberti will be hosting a free program on Nov. 7 in Elizabeth & Nov. 8 in Freeport.
Learn helpful tips to maximize your slow cooker, the science behind why some dishes turn out beautifully, which slow cooker is for you, fun recipes and samples! Join Diane Reinhold, Nutrition & Wellness Educator.
Getting the Scoop on Winter Squash will discuss a variety of winter squash, & how to select, store, and offer great ideas on how to prepare and use these culinary favorites. Join Diane Reinhold, Nutrition & Wellness Educator to learn how!
This workshop offered by U of I Extension Nutrition and Wellness Educator, Diane Reinhold is will offer tips on how to navigate those obstacles that seemingly sabotage our best laid intensions for healthy lifestyle choices during the holidays.
Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM) courses will be offered this year. Click on link below for details and to register or call a local Extension office. See flyer below for details.
Welcome to the University of Illinois Extension serving Jo Daviess, Stephenson, and Winnebago Counties. Using the vast resources of the U of I, Extension provides practical, research-based information to make a positive difference in people's lives. Explore our website and let us help you put knowledge to work!
No Upcoming Extension Meetings.