The 2019 Master Gardener Training will be held Thursdays from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM beginning June 6 and ending August 29, 2019 at University of Illinois Extension Office, 204 N Vine St., Elizabeth.
Explore Local Programs
- * Unit 1 Programs and Events
- 4-H Tech Wizards
- Illinois Cottage Food Operation Information
- Industrial Hemp Production
- Jo Daviess County 4-H
- Jo Daviess County Scholarships
- Jo Daviess Master Naturalists
- JoDaviess County Master Gardeners
- Public Value Statements
- Stephenson County 4-H
- Stephenson County Master Gardeners
- Unit 1 Ag Newsletter
- Unit 1 Annual Reports
- Unit 1 Extension Council Meetings
- Winnebago County 4-H
- Winnebago County Master Gardeners
- Winnebago Master Naturalists
- Illinois Nutrition Education Programs
- Certified Food Protection Manager Course (Rockford)
Register by March 25, 2019
- Ain't Misbehavin' Dog Club (JoDaviess)
Register by March 26, 2019
- Money Smart Week Programs (Rockford)
Register by April 2, 2019
- Superfoods to the Rescue (Freeport)
Register by April 8, 2019
- Preparing For The Gardening Season (Jo Daviess)
Register by April 9, 2019
- 4-H Archery Shooting Sports Program (Stephenson)
Register by April 15, 2019
- Diabetes Prevention & Management Program: The Choice is Yours - 14 week program (Freeport - Sr. Rescouce Center
Register by April 18, 2019
- 4-H Goat, Poultry & Rabbit Clinic (Stephenson County)
Register by April 27, 2019
- An Evening with Nancy Nedveck (Rockford)
Register by May 21, 2019
- Master Gardener Training - 2019 (Jo Daviess County)
Register by June 1, 2019
- Certified Food Protection Manager Course (Elizabeth)
Register by June 21, 2019
- Certified Food Protection Mgr. Course, August (Freeport)
Register by August 9, 2019
- Certified Food Protection Mgr. Course, December (Freeport)
Register by November 29, 2019
Read the Latest News
- » Deeper Roots Blog
A blog focused on marketing in the local food system
- » Hill and Furrow Blog
Current topics about crop production in Western Illinois, including field crops research at the NWIARDC in Monmouth.
- » Hort in the Home Landscape Blog
A blog devoted to sharing timely horticulture topics and answering the questions of gardeners and homeowners.
- » Illinois Nutrition Edition Blog
A Source for Health Information You Can Trust
- » Northwest Illinois Horticulture Corner Blog
In the far Northwest Corner of Illinois, gardening is a very popular pastime! Get your info here!
- » Raise, Grow, Harvest, Eat, Repeat Blog
A blog for growers, consumers, and backyard gardeners to grow, eat, and connect in the local food system.
- » The Ag Engineering Update Blog
The latest and greatest from your livestock engineers.
- » The Cattle Blog
- » The Cattle Connection Blog
The cattlemen's connection to timely topics, current research, and profitable management strategies
- » The Seed Bank Blog
A blog for producers to stay updated regarding management practices and production concerns in NW Illinois.
- » The Small Ruminant Blog
- Master Gardener Training Planned for Elizabeth
- The Choice is Yours-Diabetes Prevention & Management program, Freeport
- Jo Daviess Extension Master Gardeners and Master Naturalists host “Preparing for the Gardening Season”
- Superfoods to the Rescue (Freeport)
- 4-H and Extension Foundation Announces Pork Chop Dinner (Freeport)
- Data Intensive Farm Management- Research on your farm for your farm
- University of IL Extension’s Small Farms Winter Webinar Series Announced
- Forage Council Sets Hay Auction Dates for 2018-2019
University of Illinois Extension serving Jo Daviess, Stephenson and Winnebago Counties
Highland Community College, Bldg R
2998 W Pearl City Rd
Freeport, IL 61032
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm
Jo Daviess County
204 Vine, PO Box 600
Elizabeth, IL 61028
SNAP Ed Office
650 North Main St
Rockford, IL 61103
1040 North Second Street
Rockford, IL 61107
The U of I Extension Master Gardeners and Master Naturalists have put together several gardening programs. This series will offer three sessions on consecutive Wednesday evenings beginning March 27. Come to one or all three.
Learn to feed, care for, and keep a dog healthy; groom and train your dog; and be a responsible dog owner. Open for ALL youth ages 8-18.
This course meets the 8-hour coursework and examination required by the state of Illinois for the Certified Food Protection Manager certification, which is required every 5 years. Offered in Rockford, Elizabeth and Freeport.
The weather outside may be frightful, but it's time to start thinking about summer camp. 2019 4-H Camp will be held June 10-14 at Rock River Christian Camp in Polo, IL. Register early as spots are limited.
Welcome to the University of Illinois Extension serving Jo Daviess, Stephenson, and Winnebago Counties. Using the vast resources of the U of I, Extension provides practical, research-based information to make a positive difference in people's lives. Explore our website and let us help you put knowledge to work!
No Upcoming Extension Meetings.