This position serves as a regular, full time, 12 month academic professional with primary responsibility for the development, delivery, and evaluation of educational programs supporting the mission of the University of Illinois Extension.
Explore Local Programs
- * Unit 1 Programs and Events
- 4-H Tech Wizards
- Illinois Cottage Food Operation Information
- Industrial Hemp Production
- Jo Daviess County 4-H
- Jo Daviess County Scholarships
- Jo Daviess Master Naturalists
- JoDaviess County Master Gardeners
- Public Value Statements
- Stephenson County 4-H
- Stephenson County Master Gardeners
- Unit 1 Ag Newsletter
- Unit 1 Annual Reports
- Unit 1 Extension Council Meetings
- Winnebago County 4-H
- Winnebago County Master Gardeners
- Winnebago Master Naturalists
- Illinois Nutrition Education Programs
- Cloverbud Activity Hour with Miss Becky (Stephenson)
Register by April 21, 2019
- Severe Weather Webinar (Unit 1)
Register by April 24, 2019
- 4-H Goat, Poultry & Rabbit Clinic (Stephenson County)
Register by April 27, 2019
- Meals for a Healthy Heart (Elizabeth)
Register by May 3, 2019
- Mediterranean Eating Plan Workshop (Freeport)
Register by May 13, 2019
- Deeper Roots: Digital Marketing in the Local Food System (Rockford)
Register by May 17, 2019
- An Evening with Nancy Nedveck (Rockford)
Register by May 21, 2019
- Master Gardener Training - 2019 (Jo Daviess County)
Register by June 1, 2019
- Babysitting Clinic (Jo Daviess)
Register by June 20, 2019
- Certified Food Protection Manager Course (Elizabeth)
Register by June 21, 2019
- Certified Food Protection Mgr. Course, August (Freeport)
Register by August 9, 2019
- Certified Food Protection Mgr. Course, December (Freeport)
Register by November 29, 2019
Read the Latest News
- » Deeper Roots Blog
A blog focused on marketing in the local food system
- » Hill and Furrow Blog
Current topics about crop production in Western Illinois, including field crops research at the NWIARDC in Monmouth.
- » Hort in the Home Landscape Blog
A blog devoted to sharing timely horticulture topics and answering the questions of gardeners and homeowners.
- » Illinois Nutrition Edition Blog
A Source for Health Information You Can Trust
- » Northwest Illinois Horticulture Corner Blog
In the far Northwest Corner of Illinois, gardening is a very popular pastime! Get your info here!
- » Raise, Grow, Harvest, Eat, Repeat Blog
A blog for growers, consumers, and backyard gardeners to grow, eat, and connect in the local food system.
- » The Ag Engineering Update Blog
The latest and greatest from your livestock engineers.
- » The Cattle Blog
- » The Cattle Connection Blog
The cattlemen's connection to timely topics, current research, and profitable management strategies
- » The Seed Bank Blog
A blog for producers to stay updated regarding management practices and production concerns in NW Illinois.
- » The Small Ruminant Blog
- Digital Marketing Workshop for Local Food Growers and Producers - Rockford
- Heart Healthy Living Workshop
- An Evening with Nancy Nedveck - Rockford
- Get Prepared for Severe Weather
- STEPHENSON COUNTY AG BREAKFAST SET FOR SATURDAY, JUNE 22
- What is the Mediterranean Eating Plan? (Freeport)
- Master Gardener Training Planned for Elizabeth
- The Choice is Yours-Diabetes Prevention & Management program, Freeport
- Forage Council Sets Hay Auction Dates for 2018-2019
University of Illinois Extension serving Jo Daviess, Stephenson and Winnebago Counties
Highland Community College, Bldg R
2998 W Pearl City Rd
Freeport, IL 61032
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm
Jo Daviess County
204 Vine, PO Box 600
Elizabeth, IL 61028
SNAP Ed Office
650 North Main St
Rockford, IL 61103
1040 North Second Street
Rockford, IL 61107
This webinar will help you gain a better understanding of tornadoes, thunderstorms, lightning, and other types of severe weather.
The 2019 Master Gardener Training will be held Thursdays from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM beginning June 6 and ending August 29, 2019 at University of Illinois Extension Office, 204 N Vine St., Elizabeth.
Join Grant McCarty, Local Foods and Small Farms Extension Educator, for a workshop on digital marketing in the local food system. This course is tailored for local food entrepreneurs who sell produce, meat, eggs, and/or value added products through farmer
Look at the foods included in the eating plan, compare the eating plan to the dietary guidelines for Americans and look at the science behind it, as well as the health benefits.
U of I Extension welcomes Nancy Nedveck, owner of The Flower Factory, for a special community event on Wednesday, May 22nd. Learn all about perennials in this two-part program hosted at Nicholas Conservatory in Rockford.
The weather outside may be frightful, but it's time to start thinking about summer camp. 2019 4-H Camp will be held June 10-14 at Rock River Christian Camp in Polo, IL. Register early as spots are limited.
All Youth are invited to attend this fun and informative day of activities to learn best practices to be an outstanding babysitter. This Babysitting Clinic will be held on Thursday, June 20 OR Friday, June 21, 2019
llinois Extension will offer the Illinois Certified Food Protection Manager Course. This two-part class will meet the 8-hour coursework and examination required by the state of Illinois for both the initial CFPM, and the recertification.
Welcome to the University of Illinois Extension serving Jo Daviess, Stephenson, and Winnebago Counties. Using the vast resources of the U of I, Extension provides practical, research-based information to make a positive difference in people's lives. Explore our website and let us help you put knowledge to work!