Join Univ. of IL Extension specialists at a new research plot for FREE demonstrations & presentations! Learn about research at the Highland plot & hear from extension specialists throughout the state on soybean insect, weed, disease & production issues.
Explore Local Programs
- * Unit 1 Programs and Events
- 4-H Tech Wizards
- Community Gardening Project
- Food Enterprise Center
- Illinois Cottage Food Operation Information
- Jo Daviess County 4-H
- Jo Daviess Master Naturalists
- JoDaviess County Master Gardeners
- Public Value Statements
- Stephenson County 4-H
- Stephenson County Master Gardeners
- Stephenson Local Foods Initiative
- Unit 1 Ag Newsletter
- Unit 1 Annual Reports
- Unit 1 Extension Council Meetings
- Winnebago County 4-H
- Winnebago County Master Gardeners
- Winnebago Local Foods Initiative
- Winnebago Master Naturalists
- Illinois Nutrition Education Programs
- STEMsational Summer Workshop
Register by August 6, 2018
- Yes, You CAN: Water Bath Canning &/or Salsa Making (Freeport)
Register by August 7, 2018
- 4-H Robotics FLL TEAM (Rockford)
Register by August 8, 2018
- Certified Food Protection Mgr. Course, August (Freeport)
Register by August 14, 2018
- Soybean Research Demonstration Plot Field Day, Freeport
Register by August 24, 2018
- Yes, You Can Preserve Safely Series (Jo Daviess)
Register by September 14, 2018
- 4-H Archery Shooting Sports Program (Stephenson)
Register by September 24, 2018
- Certified Food Protection Mgr. Course, December, (Freeport)
Register by December 4, 2018
Read the Latest News
- » Hill and Furrow Blog
Current topics about crop production in Western Illinois, including field crops research at the NWIARDC in Monmouth.
- » Hort in the Home Landscape Blog
A blog devoted to sharing timely horticulture topics and answering the questions of gardeners and homeowners.
- » Illinois Nutrition Edition Blog
A Source for Health Information You Can Trust
- » Northwest Illinois Horticulture Corner Blog
In the far Northwest Corner of Illinois, gardening is a very popular pastime! Get your info here!
- » Raise, Grow, Harvest, Eat, Repeat Blog
A blog for growers, consumers, and backyard gardeners to grow, eat, and connect in the local food system.
- » The Ag Engineering Update Blog
The latest and greatest from your livestock engineers.
- » The Cattle Blog
- » The Cattle Connection Blog
The cattlemen's connection to timely topics, current research, and profitable management strategies
- » The Seed Bank Blog
A blog for producers to stay updated regarding management practices and production concerns in NW Illinois.
- » The Small Ruminant Blog
- Certified Food Protection Manager Course offered in Freeport
- Japanese Beetles: When Are Rescue Treatments Recommended?
- Bring Your Family to the Jo Daviess County 4-H Fair!
- Mastering the Art of Making Salsa
- White Mold - Cause for Concern?
- Plant a Row for the Hungry Summer Kick off
- Water Bath and Pressure Canning Workshop Offered in Freeport
- 2018 STEPHENSON COUNTY 4-H SHOW SCHEDULE
- Highland Community College Field Day
- Apple and Peach Tree Issues Emerging This Season
- Highland Farmers Market returns for Seventh Season
- University of Illinois Conducts Statewide Nematode Survey
- Local youth invited to join the 4-H Junior Gardener Club
- University of Illinois Extension 4-H Staff Recognized
- Extension Pathologist Evaluates Soil-Borne Plant Disease Control Methods
- Food Preservation Classes Offered
- Yes! You Can: Preserve It Safely - Water-bath and Pressure Canning (Jo Daviess)
- Food Preservation Workshop
- Master Gardener Helpline Helps Home Gardeners
- Lena Farmers Market Opens May 2
University of Illinois Extension serving Jo Daviess, Stephenson and Winnebago Counties
Highland Community College, Bldg R
2998 W Pearl City Rd
Freeport, IL 61032
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm
Jo Daviess County
204 Vine, PO Box 600
Elizabeth, IL 61028
SNAP Ed Office
650 North Main St
Rockford, IL 61103
1040 North Second Street
Rockford, IL 61107
Do you grow an over-abundance of fruits and vegetables in your garden? Donate your excess produce to Plant a Row for the Hungry to be donated to local food pantries throughout Winnebago County. View our drop-off locations throughout the county.
Gather your crew and get ready to explore, challenge and innovate in the demanding and inspiring world of Robotics. Join the Winnebago County 4-H Robotics FLL Team today!
4-H Young Explorers are fun, interactive & educational activities designed to celebrate nature for youth ages 9-13. Weekly summer sessions will be held at Klehm Arboretum and led by U of I Extension staff, Master Gardener and Klehm volunteers.
Want to learn how to preserve your summer harvest safely, or need a quick refresher? Classes remaining include Water Bath and Pressure Canning, and Preserving Practice - Salsa.
Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM) courses will be offered this year. Click on link below for details and to register or call a local Extension office. See flyer below for details.
Stephenson County is excited to offer another 4-H Archery program! Youth will learn the basic principles of archery; safe and responsible use of equipment; marksmanship; positive youth development and leadership skills. Register at the link below
Welcome to the University of Illinois Extension serving Jo Daviess, Stephenson, and Winnebago Counties. Using the vast resources of the U of I, Extension provides practical, research-based information to make a positive difference in people's lives. Explore our website and let us help you put knowledge to work!
No Upcoming Extension Meetings.