- Certified Food Protection Manager Course (Rockford)
Register by March 22, 2019
- Ain't Misbehavin' Dog Club
Register by March 26, 2019
- Money Smart Week Programs (Rockford)
Register by April 2, 2019
- Superfoods to the Rescue (Freeport)
Register by April 8, 2019
- Preparing For The Gardening Season (Jo Daviess)
Register by April 9, 2019
- 4-H Archery Shooting Sports Program (Stephenson)
Register by April 15, 2019
- Diabetes Prevention & Management Program: The Choice is Yours - 14 week program (Freeport - Sr. Rescouce Center
Register by April 18, 2019
- 4-H Goat, Poultry & Rabbit Clinic (Stephenson County)
Register by April 27, 2019
- Master Gardener Training - 2019 (Jo Daviess County)
Register by June 1, 2019
- Certified Food Protection Manager Course (Elizabeth)
Register by June 21, 2019
- Certified Food Protection Mgr. Course, August (Freeport)
Register by August 9, 2019
- Certified Food Protection Mgr. Course, December (Freeport)
Register by November 29, 2019
Read the Latest News
- Hort in the Home Landscape Blog
A blog devoted to sharing timely horticulture topics and answering the questions of gardeners and homeowners.
- Raise, Grow, Harvest, Eat, Repeat Blog
A blog for growers, consumers, and backyard gardeners to grow, eat, and connect in the local food system.
- The Seed Bank Blog
A blog for producers to stay updated regarding management practices and production concerns in NW Illinois.
University of Illinois Extension serving Jo Daviess, Stephenson and Winnebago Counties
Highland Community College, Bldg R
2998 W Pearl City Rd
Freeport, IL 61032
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm
Jo Daviess County
204 Vine, PO Box 600
Elizabeth, IL 61028
SNAP Ed Office
650 North Main St
Rockford, IL 61103
1040 North Second Street
Rockford, IL 61107
* Unit 1 Programs and Events
Extension Resources for Dealing with Drought
The Summer of 2012 will be remembered in the Midwest for record-breaking high temperatures and severe drought conditions, which have affected thousands in our community, from the local farmer to the home gardener. Our University of Illinois Extension offices have created this Drought Resources Page to provide useful information and resources that will assist in making agricultural and horticultural decisions related to the drought and heat.
1) U OF I EXTENSION - ILLINOIS DROUGHT RESOURCES WEBSITE
This website created by U of I Extension is full of resources categorized under Crops, Livestock, Home & Garden, and Financial. Viewers will find articles and weblinks from a variety of organizations including U of I Extension, USDA, State of Illinois, Department of Agriculture, National Weather Service, and more. Viewers will also find critical information including disaster assistance programs and drought monitor data.
Click here for the ILLINOIS DROUGHT RESOURCES WEBSITE
2) U of I EXTENSION EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS
In response to the needs of our communities in northern Illinois, U of I Extension has organized educational programs, which will be presented on a handful of dates at locations throughout northern Illinois.
Join Extension Horticulture Educator, Candice Miller, for the program Dealing with Drought in the Home Landscape, and learn about the impact the drought is having on our landscape and gardens, and actions gardeners can take to minimize damage. Recent drought news will also be shared and questions are welcome!
This program is free, open to the public, and will be presented in Jo Daviess, Stephenson and Winnebago Counties. Click below to register and for additional program information.
3) PRESS RELEASE
Click below to read a recent press release from U of I Extension Horticulture Educator, Candice Miller titled Drought in the Vegetable Garden. Miller explains the necessity of watering a vegetable garden (as it does not go dormant like a lawn) and shares practices gardeners can implement to help reduce the amount of watering in their gardens.
Click here for the PRESS RELEASE 'Drought in the Vegetable Garden'
THANK YOU FOR VISITING OUR DROUGHT RESOURCES PAGE.
We hope this information proves helpful. We encourage you to contact our U of I Extension county offices should you have questions or need additional assistance.
- Email: email@example.com
- Jo Daviess County: 815-858-2273
- Stephenson County: 815-235-4125
- Winnebago County: 815-986-4357