- About This Program
- 2018 Freeport Farmers Market at CVS
- 2018 Highland Farmers Market
- 2018 Lena Farmers Market
- 2018 Orangeville Farmers Market
- 2018 Stephenson Co. Farmers Market
- Guidelines for Use of Local Foods Symbol
- Local Foods Task Force History and Information
- MarketReady: Learning to Connect with Commercial Markets
- Northwest Illinois Local Foods Task Force
- Related Website Links
- What Local Foods are in Season?
- Why Buy Local?
Read the Latest News
- Raise, Grow, Harvest, Eat, Repeat Blog
A blog for growers, consumers, and backyard gardeners to grow, eat, and connect in the local food system.
Program Coordinator - Stephenson County
University of Illinois Extension
Highland Community College, Bldg R
2998 W Pearl City Rd
Freeport, IL 61032
Stephenson Local Foods Initiative
2018 Lena Farmers Market
Announcing the Return of the Lena Farmers Market
The 2018 Lena Farmers Market will return this year for another season. The market will take place in the downtown Lena Parking lot on Wednesdays from 4 to 8:00 p.m. The market opened May 9 and will run, rain or shine, until October 10, 2018.
The farmers at the market boast a wide array of fresh locally grown produce. Some of the early season produce that you will see at the market will include rhubarb, radish, spinach green onions, and many types of lettuce. Last year the market had over 40 different types of fruits and vegetable offered and the farmers are planning to expand their offerings this year. Other products offered include plants, baked goods, herbs, jams and jellies, fresh cut flowers, firewood and squirrel corn.
For more information about the Lena Farmers Market contact the University of Illinois Extension-Stephenson County at 815-235-4125.