Signup to receive email updates

or follow our RSS feed

Blog Archives

302 Total Posts

follow our RSS feed

Blog Banner

Around the County

Frequent information updates for agricultural audiences

Federal Crop Insurance Notification due to Drought

Posted by John Fulton -

Here are summary points from a news release from Gary Schnitkey, with an additional point from the Logan Co. FSA Office:

Notification of Drought Loss

Producers who think they have a crop loss need to:

1. Notify their agent within 72 hours of the discovery of damage. A notice of loss can be made by phone or in person. Although drought loss is not immediate, producers should contact their agent as soon as they feel a loss is present.
2. Continue to care for the crop and protect it from further damage, if possible.
3. Get permission from the company before destroying or putting any of the crop to an alternative use.

4. Contact your FSA office to fill out FSA-576 Notice of Loss form before destroying. Notice of Loss will be denied if crop has been destroyed with no RMA documentation

Please share this article with your friends!
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter