- 4-H Teen Teacher FULL Training
Register by October 19, 2018
- October Teen Teacher Opportunities
Register by October 31, 2018
- McLean County Recognition of Excellence
Register by November 2, 2018
- Unity Community Center Volunteer Orientation 5
Register by November 3, 2018
- McLean County 4-H Youth Archery Workshops - October, November, and December
Register by December 18, 2018
- STEAM in the Classroom Workshop Series
Register by January 17, 2019
Extension Educator, 4-H Youth Development - Livingston & Woodford Counties
University of Illinois Extension
109 East Eureka Avenue
Eureka, IL 61530
Extension Program Coordinator, 4-H Youth Development - STEAM
University of Illinois Extension
1615 Commerce Parkway
Bloomington, IL 61704
4-H in McLean County
McLean County Fair and 4-H Show
4-H is a national organization which helps young people develop knowledge and skills to become productive citizens. It also helps youth meet the diversities and challenges of today's society. Youth and adults work together to design programs that will teach skills for living. 4-H reaches people in their own neighborhoods with programs and activities suited to their needs, and helps build a stronger bond between family members.
Each summer, 4-Hers bring their projects to the McLean County 4-H Fair for evaluation. Evaluation helps members assess their knowledge, skills, and attitudes in order to build on strengths and overcome weaknesses. The fair showcases their many skills and abilities, and ratings and ribbons on projects demonstrate the standards met for project exhibit requirements. Entries in many categories have the option to exhibit at the State Fair.
Please use this page to find information on this year's fair, and the many different resources available to help McLean County 4-H members succeed at the fair.
Each year the 4-H Show happens during the McLean County Fair, for more information about the McLean County Fair (and to register for the Junior Livestock Show) please visit: http://www.mcleancountyfair.org/
The 2018 McLean County Fair will be held August 1-5, 2018
Youth must be enrolled in 4-H by April 15 of each year to show at the 4-H Show. To indicate the areas youth will exhibiting in during the 4-H Show at the McLean County Fair please visit: http://mclean4-hfair.fairentry.com
The McLean County Fair and 4-H Show is held annually at the Interstate Center in Bloomington, IL (1106 Interstate Dr, Bloomington, IL 61705).
We can't wait to see you at the fair this year!! Please use the resources below to help plan your fair experience.
If you have any additional questions please call the McLean County Extension office at 309-663-8306.
- 2018 McLean County Fair Book
Information on 4-H project exhibit requirements and guidelines for the 2018 4-H Show season can be found in the McLean County Fair & 4-H Show book! ALL Entries will be made through an ONLINE process and the FairEntry online system.
- Foods & Nutrition: Menu Guide
- McLean County Fair T-Shirt 2018
Order your t-shirt today by visiting: https://web.extension.illinois.edu/registration/?RegistrationID=18865
- McLean County FairEntry Instructions
For more information on how to get your youth signed up to exhibit their 4-H projects at the McLean County Fair follow this link!
- More Information: McLean County Fair and 4-H Show History
The McLean County 4-H Fair in Illinois has been a unique event in this county since 1923. It is believed to be the oldest running and largest 4-H fair in the world. Download this attachment for more information on the history of the McLean County Fair.
- Score Sheets-Animal Science
- Score Sheets-Community Involvement & Global Awareness and Visual Arts
- Score Sheets-Engineering & Technology
- Score Sheets-Environmental & Natural Resources Score Sheets
- Score Sheets-Food, Nutrition & Health Score Sheets
- Score Sheets-Home & Family Score Sheets
- Score Sheets-Personal Development
- Score Sheets-Plant & Soil Science
- Visual Arts Fair Display Copyright Tips
Created by Brenda Welch, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach Youth Program Specialist March 2015. Inspired by: "Copyright & Fair Use for Teaching and Learning" by Dr. Larysa Nadolny.