Explore Local Programs
Read the Latest News
- Connecting to Our Food Web Blog
Dedicated to educational resources towards building and sustaining viable food webs and ecosystems
- The Homeowners Column
Sandy Mason's Homeowners Column discusses hot topics in the home landscape each week.
- Gardener's Corner
Four seasons of gardening information.
- Mark Your Calendar for Upcoming Garden Tour in Edwardsville Area
- Online Master Gardener Training Available
- Garden Tour Ticket Sales Begin
- University of Illinois Extension Four Seasons Webinar Series Continues
- University of Illinois Extension Horticulture Helpline Now Open Monday through Friday
- Start Your Vegetable Garden Early with Cool Season Crops
- Homemade Herbicide Considerations
- Managing Crabgrass and Other Annual Grassy Weeds in Your Lawn
- Bring Your Garden Inside with Cut Flowers
- Getting Your Hoticulture Questions Answered
- Keys to Starting a School Garden
- Right Plant, Right Place
Extension Educator, Commercial Agriculture
University of Illinois Extension
1 Regency Plaza
Collinsville, IL 62234
Learn how to use tropical plants as focal points and accents.
Watch Your Garden Grow
Your guide to choosing, growing, preparing and storing common vegetables.
Our Rose Garden
Find out how to grow and care for roses in Our Rose Garden.
Learn how to select the right ornamental grasses for your landscape.
Composting for the Homeowner
This site gives an excellent indepth discussion of the science of composting, why it is important to compost, how to build a compost pile, and materials needed for composting.
Stepping Stones to Perennial Garden Design
Learn how to design and maintain a perennial garden that will delight you with seasonal beauty year after year.
Successful Container Gardens
A guide for choosing a container, selecting soil mixes, choosing and combining plants, fertilizing, watering and grooming basics.
A directory of more than 140 different Illinois wildflowers
Selecting Trees for Your Home
Find the right tree for your home landscape at Selecting Trees for Your Home.
Local Resources and Information
- Master Gardeners Make a Difference!
If you have an interest in gardening and want to make a difference in the St Louis Metro East community, then consider applying to become a Master Gardener volunteer through the University of Illinois Madison-Monroe-St Clair Unit. http://web.extension.illinois.edu/mms/
- Volunteer Hours Reporting System