Treat stains as soon as possible after staining. The older the stain, the more difficult it will be to remove.
All stain removal methods should be applied prior to laundering washable garments. Stains that have been laundered and dried are almost impossible to remove.
Steps to Clean
Chemical solvents and supplies
- Pretreatment aerosol product
- Dry cleaning fluid
- Use a soft eraser to remove excess. Be careful not to distort fabric weave.
- Spray with pretreatment aerosol product.
- Rub in heavy-duty liquid detergent.
- Rinse and launder.
- If stain remains, commercial pencil mark removers are available from some quilt supply stores or mail order supplies.
- Dry cleaning fluid should not be used on most modern quilting fabric.