Treat stains as soon as possible after staining. The older the stain, the more difficult it will be to remove.
All stain removal methods should be applied prior to laundering washable garments. Stains that have been laundered and dried are almost impossible to remove.
What you will need
- Blunt kitchen knife
- Liquid hand dishwashing Detergent
- White vinegar
- Chlorine bleach or oxygen bleach
Steps to Clean
- Scrape off excess material.
- Soak for 15 minutes in mixture of 1 quart lukewarm water, one-half teaspoon liquid hand dishwashing detergent and one tablespoon ammonia.
- Rub gently from back to loosen stain.
- Soak another 15 minutes in above mixture. Rinse.
- Soak in 1 quart warm water and 1 tablespoon white vinegar for 30 minutes.
- If color stain remains, launder, using chlorine bleach if safe for fabric, or with oxygen bleach.