Open Meeting Act (OMA)
This article was originally published on March 22, 2018 and expired on May 3, 2018. It is provided here for archival purposes and may contain dated information.
URBANA, Ill. - University of Illinois Extension Community and Economic Development will air a live webinar on the Open Meetings Act on May 3, 2018, from Noon – 1:00 p.m. Sarah Pratt, Public Access Counselor from the Illinois Attorney General’s Office, will highlight the training and tools required to implement OMA policy at the local level, and avoid violations.
The speaker for the webinar is Sarah Pratt, Public Access Counselor for Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan. Pratt began her career as an Assistant Attorney General in General Law and served under four Attorneys General as a litigator and supervisor as the Bureau Chief of Workers' Compensation and Bureau Chief of General Law in Springfield, Illinois. Sarah has worked at the AG's Office since 2011. After leading the Public Access Bureau for two years, she was appointed Public Access Counselor. Sarah is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Illinois College with a B.A. in English and French, summa cum laude, and earned her J.D. degree at the University of Illinois.
Source: Nancy Ouedraogo, Extension Specialist, Community Economic Development, email@example.com
Pull date: May 3, 2018
- For the love of fats: Heart Health Month
- 2018-2019 Bi-State Extension Agriculture Programs
- Putting Small Acres to Work seminar set for March 24
- AgrAbility Unlimited to coordinate health and safety tent at Farm Progress Show
- Climate change may confuse plant dormancy cycles
- New system could remove two water pollutants from ag fields