Office of Extension and Outreach
To enable people to improve their lives and communities through learning partnerships that put knowledge to work.
Our ValuesAs Extension professionals, we are dedicated to the following organizational values:
- We believe in providing excellence in educational programming.
- We believe in providing accessible programs that help people solve problems.
- We believe in useful, practical programs.
- We believe in creating value for people.
- We believe in quick responses to customers' concerns.
- We believe in providing unbiased information.
- We believe in establishing credibility with customers.
Our VisionAs Extension professionals, we focus on critical economic, environmental, leadership, youth, and family development issues.
- Engage people in lifelong learning.
- Address emerging needs by developing programs that anticipate social, economic, and policy changes.
- Apply valid, reliable research and information.
- Bring together and extend University of Illinois resources.
- Maximize resources by initiating and organizing community coalitions.
- Educate without discrimination and employ people representing the diversity in the state's population.
- Recruit and develop volunteers to multiply Extension's outreach.
- Teach with appropriate and effective educational techniques and methods.
- Value teamwork, recognizing and supporting the contributions of others.
2017 Unit Reports
Extension State Advisory Council (ESAC)
111 Mumford Hall MC-710
1301 W Gregory Dr
Urbana, IL 61801