University of Illinois Extension serving Henry, Mercer, Rock Island and Stark Counties
Rock Island County
321 W 2nd Avenue
Milan, IL 61264
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8am - 4:30pm (closed from 12pm - 1pm)
358 Front Street
Galva, IL 61434
Hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8am - 4:30pm (closed from 12pm - 1pm)
2106 SE Third Street
Aledo, IL 61231
Hours: Tuesday and Thursday from 8am - 4:30 pm, (closed from 12pm - 1pm)
Council Meeting Minutes from June 2, 2015
Thursday July 2, 2015 • 6:00 PM
This meeting has passed.
University of Illinois Extension Council Meeting – Henry, Mercer, Rock Island, and Stark Counties
Tuesday, June 2, 2015, at 6:00 p.m. at Woodhull Town Hall, 150 N. Division St., Woodhull, IL 61490
The special meeting of the Unit 7 (Henry, Mercer, Rock Island, and Stark Counties) Extension Council was called to order by Bob Mueller on Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. at Woodhull Town Hall, 150 North Division Street, Woodhull, Illinois 61490.
Present: Barbara Chiles, Al Curry, Jeff Ellerbrock, Alyssa Gustus, Kyle Lloyd, DarcyMcRoberts, Bob Mueller, and Gary Smith
Absent/Excused: Allycia Andrews, Latricia Andrews, Adrian Blackwell, Jayne Booth, Brenda Flynn, Isaac Goldner, Koushhik Kumar, Zenaida Landeros, Cody Scott, and Danny Weatherspoon
Others Present: Jenny Garner, Diane Baker, Brad Cirks, and Russell Medley
· The minutes of the previous meeting were approved as written. Barbara Chiles moved to approve the minutes and Al Curry seconded the motion, which passed.
· Fiscal reports were given by Jenny Garner and were found in council packets. Jenny made it a point that we cannot keep using our financial reserves and need to make changes to our budget, so we are using less and less of them. A motion to approve the fiscal report was made by Gary Smith and seconded by Kyle Lloyd. Motion Carried.
Council Reports & Comments:
· Diane Baker spoke about her involvement at the 3rd annual 4-H Food Packaging Event, the 4-H Tech Wizards, 4-H Leadership Squad, as well as Teens as Teachers, and the Future of 4-H.
· Brad Cirks has been busy organizing school wellness assessments, and attended "Healthy Kids Day" and the Mercer County YMCA. He also completed Navigator training for building communication skills and has started preparing summer curriculum to teach teens nutrition and cooking skills.
· Russell Medley has been helping coordinate the Small Business Day Luncheon and Awards, as well as the final Fast Pitch Competition, which is scheduled for September 22. He has been working on launching social media webinars and preparing a large grant application.
· Other staff reports from Kristin Bogdonas, Cheryl Geitner, and Martha Smith may be found in the council packet, as they were unfortunately unable to attend the meeting. Details about the reports given at the meeting may also be found in the packet.
· A reminder was made to be on the lookout for potential council members, as we will need to be recruiting soon.
· Awards of recognition were presented to Gary Smith, Barbara Chiles, and Alyssa Gustus.
· A motion to approve the corrections to the FY16 Budget plan was made by Barbara Chiles and seconded by Gary Smith. The motion carried.
· Retiring council members were recognized and thanked for their service.
· The Milan location remodel is almost finished, the Aledo roof has been inspected, and painting is being done at that location as well.
The next meeting is scheduled for August 18, 2015, 6:00 p.m., at the Community Education Center, 404 East 3rd Street, Kewanee, Illinois 61443.
A motion to adjourn was made by Al Curry, with a second by Kyle Lloyd. The meeting was adjourned at 6:45 p.m. Alyssa Gustus gave a short presentation on her involvement in 4-H following the meeting.