University of Illinois Extension serving Henry, Mercer, Rock Island and Stark Counties
Rock Island County
321 W 2nd Avenue
Milan, IL 61264
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8am - 4:30pm (closed from 12pm - 1pm)
358 Front Street
Galva, IL 61434
Hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8am - 4:30pm (closed from 12pm - 1pm)
2106 SE Third Street
Aledo, IL 61231
Hours: Tuesday and Thursday from 8am - 4:30 pm, (closed from 12pm - 1pm)
Minutes from Council Meeting September 1, 2015
Tuesday September 1, 2015 • 6:00 PM
This meeting has passed.
University of Illinois Extension Council Meeting – Henry, Mercer, Rock Island, and Stark Counties
Tuesday, September 1, 2015 at 6 p.m. at the Community Education Center, 404 E. Third St., Kewanee, IL 61443
The special meeting of the Unit 7 (Henry, Mercer, Rock Island, and Stark Counties) Extension Council was called to order by Bob Mueller on Tuesday, September 1, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. at the Community Education Center, 404 East Third Street, Kewanee, IL 61443.
Present: Al Curry, Loredia Dixon, Dave Dyer, Rex Johnson, Kyle Lloyd, Mallory Meyer, Bob Mueller, Ethan Scholl, Chad Summers, Danny Weatherspoon, and Brandi Welch
Absent/Excused: Jayne Booth, Michelle Cousineau, Jeff Ellerbrock, Brenda Flynn, Tar Macias, Darcy McRoberts, and Dalton Spivey.
Others Present: Diane Baker, Cheryl Geitner, and Russell Medley
· The minutes of the previous meeting were approved as written. Al Curry moved to approve the minutes and Chad Summers seconded the motion, which passed.
· Chad Summers and Loredia Dixon volunteered to sign the bank card and be available to sign checks when needed for the Rock Island County office.
o Signatories for the three In/Out accounts are as follows:
Ø Rock Island – Black Hawk Bank – Jenny Garner, Diane Baker, Kristin Bogdonas, Cheryl Geitner, Martha Smith, Danny Weatherspoon, Chad Summers, and Loredia Dixon
Ø Henry/Stark – Community State Bank – Jenny Garner, Cheryl Geitner, Jennifer Peterson, and Bob Mueller
Ø Mercer - Midwest Bank – Jenny Garner, Cheryl Geitner, Martha Smith, Tracy Pestle, and Kyle Lloyd
· It was advised to wait until October and ask Jenny any other questions we had concerning the budget. A motion was made to approve the budget by Danny Weatherspoon; Loredia Dixon seconded it; the motion passed.
Council Reports and Comments:
· Al Curry and Ethan Scholl reported on the Stark County Pie Auction selling an $8,000 pie at the fair. They also reported on the community garden project in Toulon.
· Danny Weatherspoon gave a Master Gardener report.
· Kyle Lloyd reported that at the Rhubarb Fest, the Master Gardener booth was present. The county and state fairs were successful for Mercer County as well as the gardening/cooking clubs.
· Brandi Welch gave a report on events the Mercer County 4-H has completed recently, such as, the Soup Cook-Off, Pack the Bus, and the End-of-Year Party.
· Mallory Meyer also reported on the End-of-Year 4-H Party.
Other Reports & Announcements:
· Becky Buckrop printed a brochure that listed the unit's accomplishments and it also has staff names on the back.
· Fall Fest is on Saturday, October 10, 2015 at the Milan office.
· Jenny organized a packet of the Unit 7 "Planning Years 2015-2018." We looked over the packet and had a brief discussion.
· Council members filled out a 'Program Areas of Interest' sheet and returned it to Diane.
· County Fair general project judges – would like all counties to pay same rate – options: $25, free passes, etc. Discuss at next meeting.
· No state budget – no money for premiums yet.
· Election of Officers
Chair – Jayne Booth
Vice Chair – Chad Summers
Secretary – Brandi Welch
Financial Reporter – Bob Mueller
· Appointment of Extension Board Members
Al Curry – Stark – will continue position on Board
Dave Dyer – Henry
Rex Johnson – Mercer
Danny Weatherspoon – Rock Island
· Appointment of Regional Advisory
Danny Weatherspoon will continue in this position
Motion was made to close nominations by Al Curry; seconded by Danny Weatherspoon; the motion carried.
The next meeting is scheduled for October 20, 2015, 6:00 p.m. (with the educational session starting at 5:45 p.m.) at the Rock Island County Extension Office, 321 West 2nd Avenue, Milan, IL 61264.
There being no further discussion to come before the meeting, a motion to adjourn was made by Dave Dyer, with a second by Ethan Scholl. The meeting was adjourned at 7:00 p.m.