University of Illinois Extension serving Henry, Mercer, Rock Island and Stark Counties
Rock Island County
321 W 2nd Avenue
Milan, IL 61264
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8am - 4:30pm (closed from 12pm - 1pm)
358 Front Street
Galva, IL 61434
Hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8am - 4:30pm (closed from 12pm - 1pm)
2106 SE Third Street
Aledo, IL 61231
Hours: Tuesday and Thursday from 8am - 4:30 pm, (closed from 12pm - 1pm)
Unit 7 Extension Council Meeting Minutes from May 17, 2016
Tuesday May 17, 2016 • 6:00 PM
This meeting has passed.
University of Illinois Extension Council Meeting- Henry, Mercer, Rock Island, and Stark Counties
Tuesday, May 17, 2016 at 6 p.m. at the Woodhull Town Hall, 150 North Division Street, Woodhull, IL 61490
The regular meeting of the Unit 7 (Henry, Mercer, Rock Island, and Stark Counties) Extension Council was called to order by Jayne Booth on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. at the Woodhull Town Hall, 150 North Division Street, Woodhull, IL 61490.
Martha Smith started with an educational session on understanding pollination and speaking on the "Plant a Pollinator Pocket" project.
Present: Jayne Booth, Al Curry, Rex Johnson, Kyle Lloyd, Darcy McRoberts, Mallory Meyer, Bob Mueller, Danny Weatherspoon, and Brandi Welch
Others Present: Jenny Garner, Diane Baker, Kristin Bogdonas, Cheryl Geitner, Russell Medley, and Martha Smith
Guests: Ryan Hobson
· The minutes of the previous meeting were accepted as written. Bob Mueller made a motion to accept the minutes with a second by Kyle Lloyd, motion carried.
· Jenny reviewed In and Out accounts, expenses within counties, and self-supporting handout. Discussion also included how the state budget was affecting our unit.
· Rex Johnson announced he had presented nine awards in Galesburg earlier that day. He was acknowledged for all his volunteer work.
· Jayne Booth gave an update on projects she is involved with.
· Brandi Welch gave an update of upcoming events and projects going on in Mercer County involving 4-H.
· Ryan Hobson gave an update on issues he is facing within Extension as well as issues regarding the state budget.
· Pink handout has updates on all the programs the staff has been involved with. Staff members present went over their favorite summer project.
o Diane touched on farm to table, Illinois Junior Chef, Arts Club, and Hunger Ambassadors.
o Russell talked about Looser Flake in Mercer County.
o Cheryl talked about Teens as Teachers and upcoming fairs.
o Kristin spoke on Highway to Health program and also the new canning SPIN club.
· Martha talked about the educational garden at the Mercer County Fairgrounds. There is also going to be a shade structure built.
Other Reports and Announcements:
· Jenny announced that the Galva location official move-in date is May 31.
· Council is in need of new members:
o 2 Rock Island
o 1 Mercer
o 2 Stark
*Certificates were given for retiring council members*
· August 16, 2016 location is Galva
· October 18, 2016 location is Aledo
· February 21, 2017 location is Woodhull
· May 16, 2017 location is Milan
The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, August 16, 2016, 6 p.m. at the new Galva location.
There being no further discussion to come before the meeting, a motion was made by Al Curry, with a second by Danny Weatherspoon, that the meeting be adjourned. Motion passed and the meeting was adjourned at 7:10 p.m.