View Messages

Return to Forest Management

Need to Find a Forester

[Post a Follow Up] [Post to this category]
From: Mike Hoff
Janesville, WI
We have a 20 acre wood plot near Forreston, Il that needs to have some timber culled. There is alot of big oak and many other varieties of wood that can be thinned out. Where do we start to get this done?

Extension Message
From: Jay Hayek
Extension Specialist, Forestry
Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences
Greetings Mike,

Actually, who you need is a professional forester - not a logger. A list of professional consulting foresters may be viewed at

In addition, you may also contact your local DNR forester to discuss forest management options on your forest land:

This should allow you to get the ball rolling!

Cheers, Jay

[Post a Follow Up] [Post to this category]
Return to Illinois Forestry.
Search current board