View Messages

Return to Other Topics

Source for soil amendment

[Post a Follow Up] [Post to this category]
From: Bill Sabathne
Chicago, IL
Where can I purchase cubic yards of coarse grade vermiculite. I want to initiate several square foot garden plots.

Extension Message
From: Richard Hentschel
Extension Educator, Horticulture
DuPage/Kane/Kendall Unit
Glad to hear you are going to garden. Most often larger volumes of vermiculite is sold in a bale, rather than bulk as it is hard to manage otherwise. You should contact a local greenhouse production grower and see if they can supply your needs. Another possibility is a wholesale supplier that supports Greenhouse growers with soll media and other products.

[Post a Follow Up] [Post to this category]
Return to Hort Corner.
Search current board