View Messages

Return to Damage to Structures

death of animal

[Post a Follow Up] [Post to this category]
From: robert Mather
Something has died under our enclosed front porch, and the indoors part of the porch smells horrible. We can no longer open the inside door to the porch to let in air from the outside, and I don't have a clue as far as how to remove whatever is in there is concerned. Whatever it was it tunneled under the wall that now encloses the lower part of the porch, but acess is nearly impossible unless the wooden porch is at least partly disassembled. I am 67 years old and my wife just a few years younger. Is there someone we can call in our area that may take care of problems like this. Please advise, if possible. Thank you- Robert & Bonnie Mather

Extension Message
From: Laura Kammin
Visiting Extension Specialist, Pollution Prevention
Extension-Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant College Program
I'd recommend calling a nuisance wildlife control operator (NWCO) to see if they would be willing to remove the animal for you. You'll need to explain that access is limited, as some may not do that kind of work. You can find a list of licensed NWCOs here: Go to the Nuisance Wildlife Control Operators section in the middle of that page and type in Cook County. There are many companies to chose from. If you have more questions, please let me know.

[Post a Follow Up] [Post to this category]
Return to Living With Wildlife In Illinois.
Search current board